Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Observations can be powerful...

I have had the idea for this blog in my head for a long time. I often just jot my educational observations in my journal and do not revisit them often enough. I think the state of education in the country is worrisome and needs reform in almost every aspect. Although, I do see great teaching and caring happening on a daily basis in all the schools I am working in, there is entirely too much shitty teaching, too many shitty, mean people, too many people just going through the motions, too much yelling, and not enough joy in learning. We have an archaic system that allows the children from affluent homes to prosper and "other" children to slide down the slippery slope of education their entire lives.

This is the beginning of my education soap-box...

No comments:

Post a Comment